Daniel and Amanda | A Snowy Minneapolis Proposal | Stone Arch Bridge

When Daniel contacted me a couple weeks ago about a proposal, we had no idea that today was going to be a little bit frigid to say the least!  Daniel and Amanda have been dating for 5 years, to the day actually!  And they had planned an anniversary trip to Minnesota from their home town of New York.  They were coming to town to see a favorite band of theirs play over the New Year’s weekend.  And since they had actually met at a concert, it seemed like the perfect weekend to propose.  Daniel had researched locations in Minneapolis online, since he had never been here before.  And he really liked the look of the Stone Arch Bridge.  After several days of emailing and texting back and forth to make sure plans were set and details sorted, the day was here!  And I might mention that during the planning process, Amanda had seen the forecast and when Daniel said he wanted to walk on this bridge, she said ok, but she wanted to wear a ski mask!  Luckily, Daniel’s mom gave her an adorable poofy white hat for Christmas so she opted for that instead!  The windchill was -13 below when I headed to the bridge, but I was pretty sure that Amanda would forget how cold it was once she saw the reason for the walk. And even though it was hard to see her expression when he popped the question, due to the winter gear, there was no doubt when he pointed me out to her that she was one very happy lady!!  She could hardly take her eyes off the stunning Veraggio ring that Daniel had picked out at HL Gross Jewelers with the help of her cousin.  We grabbed a few quick shots before she had to put her gloves on to avoid frostbite!

Meeting them in person was even better than what I knew of them through emails and texts with Daniel.  They are the cutest, sweetest couple!  And I couldn’t have been happier to have been out in the cold to capture this moment.

Daniel and Amanda, I hope the love and happiness you’re feeling today multiplies a hundred times over in the coming years!  And I’m hoping our paths cross again sometime too!  Have a wonderful New Year’s weekend!!  XOXO

1. Londa

December 28th, 2017 at 3:51 PM

How beautiful! Perfect weather for a perfect proposal! Love them both; the pictures made me cry!

2. Elaine Demy

December 28th, 2017 at 4:12 PM

Thank you so much Julie for photographing this special moment for Amanda and Daniel. Between the photographs and your blog, those of us back home in New York are overwhelmed with emotion right now. The expressions on their faces are priceless; you truly captured the essence of Amanda and Daniel. And, thankfully, Amanda didn’t wear the ski mask! We can all breathe easier now.

Our Best Wishes to you for a Happy New Year!
    Elaine (Daniel’s Mom)

3. julie

December 28th, 2017 at 5:03 PM

Elaine, You have an awesome son! And an awesome soon to be daughter in law! I feel so lucky to have gotten the chance to meet them and be a part of this. It was truly an amazing morning! Glad I could help you New Yorkers feel a part of all of it! Happy New Year to all of you! XOXO

4. julie

December 28th, 2017 at 5:05 PM

Londa, I totally can understand how you love these two! They’re pretty awesome! Thank you for your sweet words 🙂

5. Margherita Romano

December 28th, 2017 at 6:41 PM

What a beautiful proposal! … and what a great way to document it! Can’t wait to hug you both! Best of Luck as you enbark on your lives as a couple. Love you both to the moon and back.
    Aunt Margherita

6. Anita (Amanda’s mom)

December 31st, 2017 at 9:44 PM

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve looked at these pictures! You can see how much they love each other in their eyes and expressions. What a great job capturing this special moment for all of us to share in it. Xoxo

7. julie

January 4th, 2018 at 11:02 PM

Oh thank you so much Anita!! They are the sweetest couple and I’m so happy that I was able to be there for them and capture it all! Daniel did an awesome job planning everything and pulling it off! It was obvious how much he wanted to make sure this was a moment Amanda would always treasure! And she is such a doll!! I seriously could have hugged them both a million times over! XOXO